Wednesday, February 2, 2011

buried in ice


Among the many good things I can think of when it comes to February is that spring begins next month.

Along with that, there are a couple of really cool events coming up toward the end of the month.

On Saturday, February 26, I will be speaking at and attending the SCIBA (Southern California Independent Booksellers Association) Children's Literacy Dinner at the Westin in Pasadena. This is one of my favorite book events, because it's really relaxed and comfortable, you get a lot of books, and there are some very cool authors present for speaking and signing.

You should go.

This year's event features Cecil Castellucci as emcee, and along with myself as one of the speakers, there will be authors Judy Blundell, Brandon Mull, and Dr. Cuthbert Soup.

Afterward, I will be signing copies of The Marbury Lens.

I'll be speaking about my upcoming novel, Stick, which will be published by Feiwel and Friends in fall 2011. I don't think there will be any ARCs available until next month, and I have no idea what the final cover design looks like, either.

But I will be showing the live-action trailer produced for the novel for the first time anywhere. After the event, the trailer will be viewable on a number of websites (I'll provide links here).

The following morning, I'll be heading out to Chino, California, for the Family Festival of Books. The event is located at Brinderson Hall in the Chino Fairgrounds. I'll be meeting readers and signing my books at 12:00 noon.

You should go there, too.

I hope to see lots of you at one or both of these February happenings.