Tuesday, April 19, 2011

los angeles times festival of books


Next weekend, April 30 and May 1, USC will be the new location for the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.

I'm happy to be participating once again in several events... and looking forward to hanging out with my family (this will be their first time at LATFOB) and a few author friends, too.

I'll be hanging around pretty much all day on Saturday, April 30.

The first thing going that day, I'll be speaking on a panel called Brave New Worlds: Writing the Unreal... even though The Marbury Lens is totally real to me.

The panel of authors includes myself, Allyson Condie, Laura McNeal, and Tom McNeal, and will be moderated by Aaron Hartzler. The discussion begins at 11:00 a.m., and a book signing will follow at noon.

Later that afternoon, I will be participating with a flock of other Los Angeles-based YA authors in LAYAPALOOZA!, at 5:00 p.m. If you've never seen one of these before, they're a lot of fun and include lots of audience participation and prizes.

And if you've never seen me before, I'll be easy enough to identify because I'll be the lone male on stage with about 10 female authors.

Actually, kind of scary.