Thursday, May 26, 2011

school post-season


School isn't over everywhere.

Next week, I'll be heading up to Ventura County to visit the students at Newbury Park High School. This will be my third visit there, but it seems like such a long time since I was last there.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite schools because they actually have a Creative Writing class there (I know -- the "Math and Science" secret police probably haven't found out yet that valuable resources are being recklessly squandered on creative thought, placing future generations of standardized Americans in jeopardy of being inferior to Finns at bubbling in with a number-2 pencil).

Anyway, as always, looking forward to next Thursday, and sitting and talking with the great kids, teachers, and librarians at a very cool high school.