Wednesday, December 22, 2010

the crushed capsule hotel


I am reading an e-book.

The mere fact that I have gotten beyond chapter three speaks eloquently to the draw the book has on me, because I just can't read books on screens.

I suppose that this whole e-book, iPad, Nook, whatever phenomenon is going to initiate some predictable changes in reading and writing. I read an article in the New York Times recently about how e-book sales are really strong for romance titles.

The assumption is that people who might be embarrassed buying a romance book from a brick-mortar-and-paper bookstore don't feel so stigmatized about getting one downloaded on their Kindle. One can only assume that e-book sales will be perky for erotica, as well.

Maybe I should write e-erotica. Half the fun would be thinking up a pen name.

Honestly, though, I don't have time for that. I'll leave it for the real writers who pay their rent and stuff by doing what they do.