Tuesday, September 6, 2011

calvin coolidge's canoe


The book I wrote is about history.

I have a good blog post about history, which includes hand-drawn comics. I think I will put it on tomorrow. I would have put it on today, but I woke up in a grumpy mood, and my post about history requires a more cheerful perspective.

Here is a true story:

This morning, I drove my daughter to school.

A car passed us. It was going rather fast.

There were two bumper stickers on the car. Both of the bumper stickers had all-uppercase single-word messages on them.

The bumper sticker on the left said this:

HAWAII

It has been my experience that people in Hawaii tend to drive rather slowly. There is no reason not to.

The bumper sticker on the right said this:

JESUS

I guess the driver was late for an appointment or something.