Friday, November 12, 2010

we were never here


First of all, let me apologize in advance for not being here for the next couple days.

I am flying to San Francisco today.

Hopefully, I'll be landing there, too.

But I am bringing almost nothing at all with me -- living like a homeless man.

No laptop, no nothing. So you know what's going to happen if my house burns down.

Poof.

Everything is gone, and tomorrow will be like being born again.

Tonight, I am going to be reading and talking about The Marbury Lens and stuff at A Great Good Place for Books in Oakland, California, at 7 PM. I am so looking forward to seeing my good friend Lewis Buzbee, who will also be reading from his fabulous new book, The Haunting of Charles Dickens.

If that weren't enough to make me absolutely... whimsical...or something, my amazing editor Liz will be there, along with my agent, the incomparable Laura Rennert. And I'm also going to be hanging with my very good friend and co-corruptor of youth, Yvonne Prinz and my Bay Area homies Josh H. and Gail W.

A most promising weekend lies ahead...