Tuesday, November 9, 2010

come on over, we're having a party for you


Party time.

It's a boy.

Named Jack.

The Marbury Lens is born today, and nothing will ever be the same. I don't mean that in an egotistical way, either. It just won't be the same. Wait and see.

So, yesterday, I just got back from San Diego and hanging out with the most terrific Independent Booksellers EVER... and I was, like, all blissed out because I got to meet and hang with Pseudonymous Bosch (and I will honestly -- not egotistically -- say that we both gave two of the most brilliant and captivating speeches in the history of writer speeches -- back me up on this SCIBA people... you know it's true). And then... THEN... we got to listen to a rare and beautiful speech from Patricia Polacco. Trust me. Truly. This woman is a gift, and it was such an honor to spend some one-on-one quality time with her, learning about life.

She is just all kinds of awesome brilliance.

Okay. Where was I? Sleep deprived... too much traveling... a zombie-man... and I get an email showing that Publishers Weekly has named The Marbury Lens as one of the BEST BOOKS OF 2010. Holy crap!!!

Yesterday, too, I received one hell of a nice comment from author Shaun David Hutchinson, too, who had just read The Marbury Lens (and apparently re-read the last page a few times). And he blogged about it too. A published author with some really flattering words about this book that's been trying to kill me for a couple years now.

All I can say is thank you Shaun; thank you Publishers Weekly, and thank you to everyone out there who is apparently all up for a little 368-page vacation in hell.

On Thursday, November 11, please feel free to come out to Mrs. Nelson's Book Shop in La Verne, at 7 PM for the official launch party of The Marbury Lens.

You can read Publishers Weekly Best Books of 2010 list here.


Shaun David Hutchinson's terrific blog is here.

Mrs. Nelson's Launch Party Information is here.