Thursday, October 27, 2011

eva nightingale


This week begins a stretch of traveling around the country that will bring me to San Diego, Miami, Chicago, and New York.

Well, except next week. Next week I am going to stay home and run a half-marathon. It's been a while since I've done a full (26.2 miles) marathon, but a half is like a 13.1-mile walk in the park.

Seriously. Full marathons (I've run 30 of them) are way more than twice as difficult as a half marathon. Try one and you'll see.

I am excited to be going back to Miami. I haven't been there in a while, and I really like the vibe, Cuban food and music. I'm going to be at the Miami Book Fair International. On Friday morning, November 18, I am going to be doing a solo appearance at their Student Literary Encounters, an event where they bring in kids from nearby schools, and all the kids have received copies of Stick.

The following day, I'll be participating in their Young Adult Authors Program with my friend Ellen Hopkins.

From there, I'll be going directly to Chicago to do a couple days of events at the NCTE/ALAN conference, which I'll tell you about later.

I promise to take pictures and tell the truth.