Thursday, November 26, 2009

to grandmother's house

I have remarkably few family members who are genetically related to me (besides my son and daughter) that I ever see on holiday times. It's probably been a good ten years since that last happened.

But I realized this morning, when I was outside feeding the horses (and it is a perfectly beautiful morning here in the mountains) that I have several close friends that are making really long road trips today to have the big family experience.

And they're currently reading my book, in the path of falling objects, and taking it with them.

On the road.

For a long drive.

Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled that people are reading my book, but this book should have come with some kind of Road Trip Advisory label on the cover:

Warning: Not recommended to take this book over meadows and through woods.

Just saying.

Now, as far as today's private and quiet celebration is concerned... I would like to post a list of a few things for which I am thankful. I'd like to, but I'll keep them to myself.

Drive carefully.