Thursday, June 17, 2010

rich does it again

As I mentioned yesterday, I have three books coming out this fall: the paperback versions of Ghost Medicine and In the Path of Falling Objects, and my new release for 2010, The Marbury Lens, for which Nora, who was fortunate (or not) enough to scrounge an ARC left this terrific review yesterday:

I read Marbury in about 24 hours, I think: it was one of those books you don't want to stop, as much as there were parts where I had to look away and compose myself. It was incredibly disturbing, and so real--in the awful running through the wastelands, but also in the human bonds on both ends. I don't understand how you do it. Such different books too, and yet all clearly from the same vision, and all investigating the same things--learning to be independent, I suppose, and the bare terror of life. Such perfect love stories too. Pretty amazing. It was all I could talk about while I was reading it, by the way--mostly the intense f'ed upness. Those ties he put on his own ankle...sick, but genius.

Thanks, Nora.

But I wanted to share with you the terrific new cover designs for the fall releases from our talented Art Director, Rich Deas. He really did it again. I love all three of these:



And, of course...