Friday, June 11, 2010

coming out


By Nick Sweeney, Grade 12

So far, I have managed to keep Drew off the blog for two entire days. Drew... if you're reading this, stop calling me: I know your number and I don't pick up blocked calls.

Mr. Smith wanted me to mention all the stuff he has coming out this year as he gets ready to head back to Washington D.C. for the American Library Association's Annual Conference in a couple weeks.

He actually has THREE things coming out this year: He's already written enough (obviously) about The Marbury Lens coming out in November. And, right around the same time, his first novel, Ghost Medicine, will be released in paperback (it has a really cool cover, too).

But we just found out a few days ago that In the Path of Falling Objects, his second novel, will be released in paperback on September 23, with an October 12 on-sale date. We were told that this has a really cool new cover, too, and we will be posting it here as soon as we can.

In the mean time, we can all breathe a sigh of relief that Drew's access to the blog has been at least temporarily blocked. I don't know why Mr. Smith gets him to watch his house in the first place.

-- Nick S.