Saturday, October 17, 2009

the road trip begins

The next few days, I am going to be on an author's road trip.

All alone.

And you know how I am with road trips.

There really is nothing better than a good road trip. Lately, I've gotten too used to flying, I think, but road trips to places like Ireland do pose logistical problems. In any event, this morning I am driving down to San Diego, where I will be speaking on a panel with other YA authors to kick off Teen Read Week and the San Diego County Public Library's Page One: A Celebration of the Written Word.

Today's panel, Written 4U: Teens, will be held at the Poway Branch of the San Diego Public Library, 13137 Poway Road, Poway, CA 92064 at 2 p.m. I will be speaking with fellow authors Barrie Summy, Laura Preble and Cindy Pon, and afterward will be signing books and stuff like that.

Then, on Monday, October 19, a bit further to the north, I will be speaking twice at Ayala High School, 14255 Peyton Dr., and twice at Chino Hills High School 16150 Pomona Rincon Rd., both of which are located in Chino Hills, CA, and then, finally, off for another visit and signing at 4:00 p.m. at Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop, 1030 Bonita Ave. La Verne, CA 91750.

I'll have more news from the San Diego Book Festival later on, as well as further updates about the rest of Teen Read Week and the big SCIBA Authors' Dinner and Awards coming up next Saturday at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.