Sunday, June 17, 2012

it's in the bag


Today's Instagram topic was In My Bag.

Um.

I am not much of a bag kind of guy.

In fact, I rarely unpack my bags between trips. This means that when I am on the road, I often discover cool shit that I totally forgot about. Also, I can always find a clean pair of socks if I absolutely need to.

The photo above is from my Chairman Mao bag. I still have all the books in it I carried for readings to my last school visit at Foothill Technology High School in Ventura.

But, in the little side pockets, I found some cool, never-been-unpacked shit, too:


Here are some headphones, still in the bag, from one of the times I flew on Air Canada. I have flown on Air Canada many times, all over the world.

It is a great airline.

Air Canada -- did you hear that?

Hook me up with some miles, babe.

But this is the coolest and perhaps most disturbing never-been-unpacked thing from my bag:


This is a toy figure Barry Lyga had made for his book, Goth Girl Rising.

I am almost certain it contains toxic paint.

It's been in my bag ever since I first met Barry, and he gave me this toy.

What a guy!!!!

I have no toys for my books.

If I did, nobody would want to play with me, anyway.

I've had this in my bag for, like, four years!