Friday, June 22, 2012

the high and the lucky


Well, I am leaving right now for ALA.

I sure hope I find it!

Looks like there will be lots of people playing ALA BINGO, which pleases me. I am most looking forward to speaking at Booklist's Youth Forum this evening. I have actually prepared a speech, as opposed to just "winging it," which is what I usually do.

This is not to say that I will stick to my plan by any means.

It's been a long time since I've seen Jean Feiwel and Liz Szabla [chime!], both of whom I am supposed to be going to dinner with this evening, so I am very excited about that, too.

And, as I have promised [ugh!] I am going to take pictures this weekend, even though I feel really awkward when I take pictures. But I will do it. I promised Kelly I would.

Today's Instagram topic was From a High Angle. I stood up over my bathtub and took the picture below. This monster has been living in my bathtub for the past week. He is now officially big enough to comply with my request to pass the soap.

I am naming him Lucky.

This guarantees he will be dead by the time I return home.