Monday, March 5, 2012

peachy.


Stick, my most recent novel, has just been named to the list of 20 titles by the Georgia Library Media Association for the 2012 - 2013 Georgia Peach Book Award.

That's sweet.

It's quite an honor to see Stick listed in such company -- alongside some great friends of mine and really terrific novels. The kids in Georgia have some good books to read over the next year.

And speaking of the next year, I thought I would spend some time talking about the books -- several of them -- I'll have coming out before the end of 2013.

First up: Later this year, we will see a paperback edition of The Marbury Lens, which should come out just before its sequel, Passenger, which is due out in October.

It's quite a relief to see Passenger in its final, pre-arrival stages. It's been a long time coming, and I'm certain fans of The Marbury Lens won't be disappointed.

Writing a sequel was tough in a lot of ways. I'm not sure if I'd ever want to do something like that again. I guess I'm not much of a series guy.

And I've seen the first iteration of the cover for Passenger. I love it. It totally works, and I can't wait to see the inside design of the book.

I will say this about the sequel: Whereas The Marbury Lens was all about Jack dealing with Jack, Passenger is more about Jack dealing with the people who mean so much to him, people whom he unwittingly trapped in the back-and-forth gap between Marbury and here, or wherever this happens to be -- Conner, Ben, and Griffin.

Whether or not Jack succeeds in getting his friends firmly planted on safe ground is a matter to be seen over the course of his adventure in Passenger.

Later this week, I'll talk about the next book coming out: Winger.