Wednesday, February 22, 2012

great big jar


I live in a very strange place.

It's kind of like the Wild West with a bunch of old guys wearing fezzes.

Yesterday, I was driving down the mountain and I passed a small house that had a big sign lashed to a tree right at the roadside.

The sign says this:

DON'T BELIEVE THE LIBERAL MEDIA

Just like that. All caps. Red text for the last two words.

Punchy.

I thought, wow. How thoughtful. If I hadn't seen that sign, who knows what I might believe this morning?

I thought about taking a picture of the sign to post on my blog, but I was confused. I didn't know what to do. And people who put signs in all-caps and red ink in their yards probably tilt more along the end of the spectrum indicating people who would beat a guy up for snapping a picture of their yard admonitions with his iPhone.

I'm more than a little disappointed, though, because I was counting on someone out there in the media to help me sort out my feelings about Lana Del Rey.

Now I just don't know what to do.

I am so confused.