Tuesday, October 12, 2010

coming attractions


Next week is Teen Read Week, and I have some special stuff planned. I may not be including it on the blog, though -- I'll have to see -- because I'm going to be speaking about this "stuff" at the Southern California Independent Booksellers Association Author Feast and Trade Show on Saturday, October 23, at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel.

There will be visuals. That's all I'm saying for now.

Anyway, the event should be really cool, because there are books. Need I say more? There are also going to be some of my favorite authors in the entire freaking world there, too.

Then, coming up in November, which is scarcely more than a week later, I will be attending the Children's Literature Council Fall Event on November 6 at the Skirball Center in Los Angeles, where I will be very proud to receive the 2010 Distinguished Work of Fiction Award for my novel In the Path of Falling Objects.

If that wasn't enough, three days later, on November 9, The Marbury Lens hits the stores, and at the end of that week, on Friday, November 12, I will don my San Francisco Giants cap and head up to the Bay Area for a reading and signing of my latest novel at A Great Good Place for Books in Oakland.

Rumor has it, some of my best (and only) friends in the writing business will be there, including my pal Lewis Buzbee, who will be reading from and signing his newest, The Haunting of Charles Dickens.

Lots more stuff coming up, too.

You can read more about the SCIBA Authors Feast and Trade Show here.