Friday, October 1, 2010

banned books week #5


For the final day of reading with the kids, a little bit of The Catcher in the Rye, everyone's favorite banned book.

In a couple weeks, we have ALA's Teen Read Week coming up, too. That's a cool week where I get to do some fun stuff with the kids. You might want to check in here on those schooldays (Monday, October 18 to Friday, October 22) where you'll get to actually hear from the kids, which is what this week is all about -- NOT us telling them what they should or should not be reading, them telling us.

So, without saying too much more, you might want to mark your ever-present blog calendar for that.

My dogs hate the UPS guy. I don't know why, but they have particularly shrill, dripping with hatred barks when he shows up at my house.

Yesterday, a surprise came: A box of the soon-to-be-released paperback versions of In the Path of Falling Objects.

They seem big.

And I love the cover.

Oh, by the way, I am donating most of them to a high school reading program today.

I noticed that, in the back of the book, there is an excerpt from The Marbury Lens (which is coming out in 38 days), and there is also a photograph -- yuck -- of me, along with an interview, a Q & A session with me.

I couldn't bring myself to read it, so I have no idea what it says.

I am banning it from my house, though.