Thursday, September 18, 2008

trash day

When I was a teenager, there was a place up on a mountain that everyone called "the Bus."

No brainer, really, why it was called that. There was an old abandoned school bus with nearly every window broken out sitting up there, resting on its wheelless axles. It seems like the only windows that I can recall that weren't smashed out were the ones on the emergency exit.

Kids used to go up to the Bus and party.

One friend of mine went up to the bus and got murdered there. It's a weird thing when you're a kid and something like that happens, especially in my case, because I had just seen him earlier in the night before it happened.

I don't know why I was thinking about that today. It happened such a long time ago. I apologize for throwing a downer at you. I could have written about a lot of things today, but I could have thought about a lot of things, too.

But I didn't.

I hate hearing the trash trucks come through the neighborhood.

BEDFAM 25

-- A. S.