Friday, June 8, 2012

zero carbon footprint


Here is my dance card thus far for ALA, coming up in just a couple weeks:

Friday, June 22:

Dinner with my Macmillan people, then the ALA Booklist Youth Forum (8:00 PM) with Daniel Kraus, Michael Grant, Jon Scieszka, Daniel Handler, and myself as speakers. This is followed by a MacKids Party.

Saturday, June 23:

Macmillan Children's Preview Breakfast (I will be speaking about Passenger), followed by a signing of Passenger ARCs as well as my other titles at booth 2534 - 2535 (from 10:00 - 11:00 AM). That night, there are two parties I'll be at: the Blogger Party and the Simon & Schuster Party (with my agent, Michael Bourret).

Sunday, June 24:

9:00 AM -- The YALSA YA Author Coffee Klatch (the coolest event at ALA). If you haven't ever been to one of these and you have the opportunity to go... GO.

Today's Instagram topic was Six O'clock. I took this photo yesterday evening at 6, in my backyard. Yes, the cherries are now ripe. Hundreds of pounds of them. These are organic, pesticide-free, and zero carbon footprint cherries. Come get some.