Sunday, June 24, 2012

on my mind


So yesterday my Bloggers' Party experience nearly turned into a Donner Party experience.

I got trapped in an elevator between floors.

It was like something from my wife's worst, most unimaginable nightmares. The elevator dropped a few feet, there was a THUNK!, and then the thing just sat there, dead.

But I was not alone.

Charles was with me.

I did not know Charles before our time together in the elevator, but I feel like we are soulmates now. Charles is claustrophobic.

It was not a good thing.

Charles, come back, I need you.

Today's Instagram topic was On My Mind. There are lots of things on my mid today: I get to go home, we are having an eighteenth birthday party for my son, and this afternoon I am going to be meeting with my agent, Michael Bourret, and my Dutton/Penguin publisher-editor, Julie Strauss-Gabel, about my forthcoming book Grasshopper Jungle.

Which is about this: