Sunday, May 31, 2009

something about jack

Let me tell you something about deadlines.

I love them.

I'm not kidding. Ask anyone who's ever worked with me. I know that most writers fall back on generous grace periods and persistently extend their deadlines, but I get a great deal of comfort in knowing that something is expected from my by a specific date.

And then I beat that date.

By a lot, usually.

Now, let me tell you something about what's going to happen later on this week.

I am going to check out mentally and go insane. So, the blog may sound different, say, on Thursday or Friday... possibly sooner. Jack is probably going to pop in and blog a bit, and we're trying our hardest to get Ryan Dean over his self-consciousness and post something, too. We'll see.

Tomorrow: chickens and eggs.