Friday, November 6, 2009

post-apocalypto

Well, this time, I think, I avoided the crash. Having totally, completely finished work on next year's The Marbury Lens, I am now deeply involved in another project -- my NaNo novel, so to speak, even though I have no intention whatsoever of participating in NaNoWriMo. Oh, and when I get like this, I also know pretty much to the day when I will have a finished and deliverable manuscript. And although I will exceed the NaNo goal of 50,000 words by the end of November (50,000 words is a blog post, in my opinion), I believe this latest project will be finished in December.

Here's why I don't sleep much: Because during the hours when I'm supposed to sleep, I will usually wake up with a sudden scene-view of something that hasn't yet happened in my manuscript. And then I'll lie there and think about it, detail after detail, until I get out of bed, make the coffee, and start working again.

What can I do?

When I was a kid, I attended a couple elementary school grades in Northwestern Washington state, on the banks of the Puget Sound. It's a really good place to set a book.

Oh... and, by the way, since I get to be home this weekend, I promise promise promise to put some new stuff on the Ghost Medicine Website by Sunday.