Tuesday, December 2, 2008

my old school

I may post something else later today... depending on when I get back.

Today, I am heading out to Newbury Park High School to speak to the kids there about writing and my books. It should be a great day, and I'll be sure to recap any highlights here.

But the other day, a friend of mine told me that he'd seen the new website for in the path of falling objects, and he said, "So I take it you have a penchant (who actually uses that word???) for writing about sad things?"

I shrugged. While I'll agree that Ghost Medicine is a pretty sad book, I don't think that in the path of falling objects is. I don't know... you'll have to be the judge. The thing is, some bad things do happen in the story -- just like life -- but, the story itself is kind of exciting and ends up being... well... I better not say, I guess.

I'm very excited to get the galley pages in my hand this week, though.