Monday, June 23, 2008

this much is true


Seeing is believing.

In words, I guess it's hearing. Tomorrow, I am headed out to the studio where Random House is producing the audiobook of Ghost Medicine. I will, of course, give my take on the trip.

It's a funny coincidence that this is now week two of the use of Ghost Medicine in a read-aloud segment of three all-boy high school literacy classes in Santa Clarita, California.

On Thursday, I get to be Best Man at my great friend Steve's wedding. Steve and I have been friends ever since we were kids. We have had some amazing adventures together, some of which have shown up in the novels I have written.

And then on Friday, I'm heading down to Anaheim, California for the Annual American Library Association Conference for a signing at the Feiwel & Friends booth at 3:00 on Saturday. I've been contacted by so many librarians and teachers across the country, and I am really looking forward to meeting some of them in person this weekend. It's hard to say how great it is to receive (as I did) an email from a teacher in Pennsylvania telling me how much they liked Ghost Medicine.

Oh... and the picture on this post? I'll explain that, I figure, by August... so hang in there.