Sunday, November 23, 2008

write, run, read

I am back.

With words, but not too many.

Today, I wrote, ran, read, and then did some rugby. I am writing a new book (# 5, if it matters), and I ran five miles, too. And I'm always reading, but right now I am reading one of the best books I've ever read.

Today, also, we set up a new website: www.pathoffallingobjects.com

Don't bother going there yet, we are just in the process of determining the content. The novel, in the path of falling objects, won't be out until fall, 2009, so we're slowly building toward what would be a pretty cool website. I would imagine there'll be a clickable map on it, because mapmaking plays a big role in the story; and then there will probably be some real-life photographs of some of the "characters" in the book, too: Don (you'll have to wait and see who that is), and my wife's 1940 Lincoln Cabriolet convertible -- an amazing car that, we are told (and have a picture to show it) was actually used by presidential candidate Wendell Wilkie when he ran against FDR in the 1940 election.

So... I guess, the best way to deal with a downer of a week is to keep yourself so busy you don't have any chance of lying awake in bed thinking about what a downer of a week it's been.