Monday, April 13, 2009

(awkward) (silence)

I find myself slipping into one of those awkward and silent episodes again these past few days. I guess it's kind of like Sartre's Nausea. Maybe not.

So, I'll share a bit of a note I received today. Again, a handwritten little message for me... and I've said before how cool it is to get handwritten notes in this day and age. In any event, the note came from a reader... the wife of a friend of mine. I'd loaned them one of my only remaining ARCs for in the path of falling objects, and this is what she wrote to me:

I just wanted to write you a quick note to express my appreciation for letting me read your novel. I truly could not put it down. I fell in love with the characters and still carry them with me today. J- will probably tell you toward the end of the book when Jonah (xxxxxx -- semi-spoiler omitted) I was bawling my eyes out. I wish you all the best in your writing career. I am confident you will have a very successful one.

Nice note.

And, thanks.