Saturday, January 26, 2008

winter

When we woke up, the sun was shining through the blinds. We haven't seen it in a week and tonight's storm is supposed to be the worst yet.

We're tired of it. The horses are angry. The snow level rose the other night, transforming the paddock into a wide river of mud flowing down toward the lake.

I knew we would have a winter like this. I could tell by the color of the trees in November. Something like 8 more weeks to go, too. It will be a good spring for the fruit trees.

About a week ago, my incredible agent sold the audio rights to Ghost Medicine to Random House/Listening Library. They already have me on the Random House website, offering Ghost Medicine for pre-order, to be released September 9. The best part about it is that it's an unabridged audio version. I am very happy with that, because I know that sometimes audio books have to be shortened, and Ghost Medicine is fairly long. But I just can't possibly see what you could cut out of it and still tell the story. So, thanks, Random House.

Now... about that bio they have on me. Oh well, it's not like this is the first time I've had an identity crisis, and I'd just as soon not put anything about myself on the book, other than my name as the author. 'Cause it's not about me, anyway.

Give me a reply if you'd like me to post the link to Random House/Listening Library's Ghost Medicine page, otherwise, I'm okay with how things are.

It's starting to get cloudy. I think I'll go out and see the sun before it's gone.