Thursday, October 21, 2010

it is here.


It is here.

And today is a very Kafka-meets-Seinfeld day for me.

I'll be honest. I live by two mottos:

1. I drive at night. I blow things up.

(I think only three people in the world know what that means)

2. Vini, Vidi, Caca -- which means, "I came, I saw, I made shit up about it on my blog."

I never tell real-time truth about myself, so why would I begin to explain the Kafka-meets-Seinfeld reality of my journey through life today?

Truth is something that needs to percolate. That's why I write books. It takes me years to get to the truth, and, by then, it is nothing more than what Bradford Cox would call a "Halcyon Digest" of biased, interpreted images.

Anyway, I digress.

It is here.

Last night, a package came for me. Yeah... I could write paragraphs at the moment about the way we get mail and other deliveries where I live -- like, for example, how we have to wait for the "great thaw" to get anything when there's a snowfall.

Where was I?

Oh. The package.

It contained the FIRST hardback copy of The Marbury Lens.

Sorry everyone else. This is true. The truth. Unpercolated. No Halcyon Digest here. This is the most beautiful hardback book I have ever seen.

I realize this morning that hardback books are not good to sleep with.

That could potentially be a third motto.

And I am still waiting for the Taco Bell people to contact me or my agent, by the way.

I need to say a few things about people in this book, The Marbury Lens, but I'm about to turn into a bug, and will have to continue this tomorrow.