Sunday, May 29, 2011

i carry you like an object from another age


It is 6:00 a.m. and I am sitting here writing.

This is what I do.

Outside the doors on the deck from my office, this is what it looks like at exactly this moment:



On the other side of the trees in my backyard, we have an enclosure for our horses. We took them down there yesterday afternoon and I shot these photographs.


Our horses were actually the horses that were kind-of characters in my first novel, Ghost Medicine. This is Arrow.


This is Dusty. Our older horse, Reno (the heroic horse in Ghost Medicine) died about a year ago.


Our dog waited patiently to be asked to bring the horses back home from playing out in the field.


And then he ran them along this ridge...


And down to the flat where they could get back through our gate.



For horses, it's always time to eat.