Sunday, October 11, 2009

nashville

Southern Festival of Books Highlights (in no particular order):

1. The author goodie bags contained Moon Pies and Jack Daniels whiskey. Kick ass.

2. Got to meet and hang out with G. Neri. Our podcast panel, "Blood Brothers and Drug Smugglers," was highly interactive. We also got our session host in trouble by redesigning the set.

3. People in Nashville are really nice.

4. Got to hang and talk with Sara Zarr. She's pretty cool. I especially liked the fact that she thought I was her age -- and she's, like, a teenager.

5. I met four book bloggers that were actually very cool and funny. I will post links to their blogs here coming up in the next few days. I made them wrestle each other for a free copy of in the path of falling objects. It was really cool, until one of them ended up in an ambulance. Oh well, that's what you get for being weak. And YOU lost the book.

6. The Nashville airport is really nice and clean. In the past couple of months, I have flown all over the world, and I still have yet to find one airport that even comes close to Los Angeles International Airport in terms of dilapidation, filth, and inefficiency. I can say this as a resident of SoCal -- I'm not taking outsider potshots, but get your fucking act together, Los Angeles.

7. Did not sleep, so I got A LOT of work done. Ha ha on you, self-imposed deadline. As usual, I just kicked your ass.