Friday, August 26, 2011

the stick tour

I have quite a few events coming up which coincide with the release of Stick (October 11, 2011). I will be posting details about the Orange County Festival of Books, the Southern California Independent Booksellers Awards Ceremony, and the Miami Book Festival International in the coming days and weeks. I recently found out my schedule for the upcoming NCTE/ALAN conference in Chicago, which is such an incredible city. I am really looking forward to going back there with Stick (and Sex Wax T-Shirts). I'll be flying in to Chicago from Miami, directly from the Book Festival there (details to come), but here are the events and panels I will be participating in at NCTE/ALAN in Chicago:


Saturday, Nov 19th 

Macmillan Authors' Dinner
Sunday, Nov 20th

8:30 – 9:45 am: Program with fellow Macmillan authors Julie Halpern, Tara Kelly, Donna Freitas.  No Vampires, No Witches, No Dystopias 

10:30 – 11:30 am: Signing in Macmillan Children’s booth with fellow Macmillan authors Julie Halpern, Tara Kelly, Donna Freitas

5:30 – 7:30 pm:  ALAN Workshop cocktail party (rough assignment)
 
Monday, Nov 21st

2:05 – 2:50 pm: ALAN Workshop program. Titles that Challenge and Are Challenged

I really hope to see you in the great city of Chicago this fall.