Tuesday, August 30, 2011

infinita frumenta! infinita frumenta!


Let's see. I seem to have lost something.

Well, as it relates to time, I guess since it does not require finding and is impossible to make, I guess some of us probably sleep and watch television less than others.

Yesterday, someone asked me if I'd seen the VMAs.

I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about.

And then I thought, why would you watch hours of television about giving awards to shit that is on television? They should give televised awards to people who watch televised awards shows about television.

I'd watch that shit.

Here's something I got a few days ago:


That is a novel I wrote called Winger. It is coming out at the beginning of 2013 from Simon and Schuster.

Let me tell you how much I love and appreciate editors who use paper. Seriously.

On the top of my novel is the editorial letter which contains a few big-picture questions. As editorial letters go, it is very short (about 4 pages) and totally easy to deal with. A lot of it's just copy edit stuff, which, in writerspeak means change a word here or cut this sentence into two sentences. Shit like that.

See all those Post-It notes on the pages? I don't know what those are. They could have saved those in case they needed to cover their windows during Hurricane Irene.

Actually, they just mark pages where there's something I need to look at, like commas and shit like that.

This is what work looks like.

It looks like a chunk of time that I found on my doorstep.