Saturday, August 18, 2012

first pass


I am up in Berkeley this weekend, moving my son back into the dorms at Cal for the start of his sophomore year.

It's a big change from last year. He's actually excited about going back.

Earlier this week, I received a big package containing the First Pass pages for Winger (coming in 2013 from Simon and Schuster). First pass pages are the initial run of the pages as they will actually appear in the real book. It's the last step before publishing Advance Review Copies, so it's pretty exciting... especially when you have a book that contains artwork embedded within the narrative, as Winger does.

It's a beautiful looking book.

I almost forgot how much I love this book, too, because I've been so engrossed in writing this new book, and working on several other projects simultaneously. Anyway, I can't wait to see the ARCs.

Also, just yesterday, I found out I'll be going to the Texas Library Association Conference in Fort Worth this coming April. It's been a long time coming. There are so many great readers and librarian fans of mine in Texas, and I'm really looking forward to it. Also, I know I'll be signing both my most recent books there -- Passenger, which is coming out from Feiwel and Friends on October 2, and ARCs of Winger, which will be coming out from Simon and Schuster just a couple weeks after TLA.