Thursday, January 12, 2012

the silo


I am leaving this morning very early.

I am driving up to San Francisco for 5 days, taking my son back to begin his second semester at UC Berkeley.

Next year, in early 2013, my book Winger will finally be published (by David Gale at Simon and Schuster).

When I wrote the book, I did a lot... er... a number of drawings and diagrams right in the middle of the story. It was my intent to have the book be a kind of hybridized graphic novel/analytical experiment in storytelling.

The narrator is quite a creative guy. He likes to draw comic book panels and charts and shit like that to explain what's going on inside his head.

He kind of reminds me of someone I know, but I can't think of who, exactly.

Anyway, I never intended my artwork to be used in the published version of the book, because, well... you see I'm not really an "in-the-lines" kind of artist, and I just thought that a real artist could do it better.

Thankfully, Simon and Schuster agreed.

Meet Sam Bosma.

Sam is the guy who is set to illustrate Winger.

Take a look at his work, it's pretty amazing.

Sam Bosma is an illustrator.

By the way, I might be gone for a while if you need me.