Tuesday, February 15, 2011

someone else's door


Okay. And with that, Matthew from The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment asked a few interesting questions and was kind enough to post up an interview with me on his blog (which I'll link below, too).

I realize that practically every time I'm asked questions, my answers change. In fact, I think just about every one of my answers to Matthew's questions would be different if I did the interview again right now, or four hours from now.

Oh well.

This seems like the year for stopping things. In music, a lot of great bands have broken up. I could list some of the more shocking (to me) breakups, but you'd only know who I was talking about if you were a hipster.

And if you were a hipster, you wouldn't be listening to me anyway.

That said, I am proclaiming my interview on Matthew's blog to be my **last**.

My apologies to those of you who have been waiting patiently in line to ask questions of the great big giant me.

Everything you think you need to know about Drew is in my books, anyway.

I have some work to do.

Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the kids -- the young writers. We'll start filming the documentary then (really). And the kids will also be interviewed away from me, so they can say whatever they want to say.

They can anyway. They know that.

I was thinking about them last night (not in a creepy way), and I kept wondering about this whole notion of "pride" and being "proud" of what you do.

I'm not proud of them or what I do.

In my never-to-be-understood universe, pride is something you feel about the things you choose: like a model of car, or a new house, or a freshly-mowed lawn.

I never chose anything I've ever done.

I'm pretty sure it chose me.

Just ask Jack.

So, anyway, I've got another guest-blog gig coming up this week at Macmillan's website -- on Friday, I think.

I'll most likely disappear from here for a while -- until we post the video about the kids. We'll see.

Tautology for Tuesday: I'll either be here, or I won't. Either way, it won't necessarily be my choice.

You can read my **final** interview with Matthew Rush here.