Sunday, October 2, 2011

there are no Cup-O-Noodles in eden


Today: Orange County Children's Book Festival, speaking and signing at noon.

There are directions and program info on a link on yesterday's blog.

Also, I'd like to say how much of an honor it is to have Stick nominated this year for a Cybils Award. Very, very cool.

Stick comes out one week from Tuesday.

I will take photos today at the OC Book Festival, too. They may end up posted here, depending on the degree of wildness of such things as hair.

Finally, I'd like to say a huge thank you to this book blogger I met a few months back. Her name is Tessa, and she is 14 years old. Not that it matters, but when you read how this girl writes, you would never for a moment think she is 14.

I gave Tessa one of the only available ARCs of Stick. She had read The Marbury Lens, and, to be honest, I felt bad because she is such a sweet girl and I didn't want to scare her or anything. (She also liked The Marbury Lens, by the way).

Anyway, Tessa wrote such a nice review of Stick on her blog last night. I am hoping to run into her today at the Book Festival.

You can read Tessa's review of Stick here.