Monday, September 19, 2011

wanda mae's pink bowling ball


Three weeks from tomorrow, Stick will be out. I'm really looking forward to it. There have been so many overwhelmingly positive comments about the book from teachers and librarians all across the country (and I know a few people overseas who have read it, too).

On October 2, I will be down in Orange County at the Orange County Children's Book Festival. I will be reading and answering questions, and doing a book signing, too.

The Book Festival is located on the campus of Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa.

I will be on the YA Stage at noon with Heidi Kling, Jessi Kirby, Lindsey Leavitt, and Kirsten Hubbard (you know the rules -- I am the only guy, so they owe me drinks) talking about "Keeping it Real" in YA.

I haven't decided if I'm going to read from The Marbury Lens or Stick (which wont be out) yet.

Afterward, I'll be signing at Mysterious Galaxy's booth. Then I have to get right out to the airport and head up to San Francisco.

I hope to see lots of YA readers in Orange County.

You can read more about the OC Children's Book Festival here.