Monday, March 28, 2011

monday doesn't grow on trees


When I begin writing a novel, I try to plan out to the exact day when I will be finished with it.

When I started the one I am writing now, I predicted April 22 as my "the end" date. Looks like I may make it.

This weekend, I finished writing the short story I'm submitting for an anthology that will be simultaneously published in the UK and the US. I'm happy they had such a generous word range for the story length (from 6,500 - 13,000 words -- a nice, long, short story).

They got my name wrong on my contract, though, so I have to wait for them to re-send my contract before I can submit, otherwise the copyright to my work might be under another author's name... and we wouldn't want that, now, would we?

Whereas I formerly thought writing short stories was no fun, I am now of the mind that I enjoy contributing to anthologies, and have already talked to others about putting together more in the future.