Saturday, December 5, 2009

milestones


Okay.

The strip will be on tomorrow -- Sunday.

I've been so gone and so busy, and I just got home, behind in my word count for today and a tad stressed.

Last night, I passed one of those milestones in life. You know, like the oh-my-god-my-son-is-taller-than-me milestones. Last night, I let my son drive me home from our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was the first time he'd ever driven me, well... except for maybe the Autopia at Disneyland.

And, remarkably enough, just like that time when he passed the height test and was able to drive our car at Disneyland, as soon as he took the wheel, I began shrieking in abject terror.

I don't know why, but for some reason my son finds that behavior somewhat unnerving.

Does that make me a bad person? It's a dad's responsibility to make his son as tough as possible, and screaming insanely when he takes the wheel for the first time is just the beginning of many lessons still to come.