Tuesday, April 16, 2013

going to texas


I'm really looking forward to finally getting to Texas next week for the Texas Library Association Annual Conference in Fort Worth. It's been a long time coming, and I have such great support from readers, schools, and librarians in Texas.

So here are some of the events I know I'll be doing:

On Wednesday evening, April 24, I'll be a "featured author" at the Nacho Average TLA Party, from 5:30 - 7:30 at the Reata Restaurant in Sundance Square. What does being a featured author mean? It means an embarrassing photo opportunity for someone. That's all I'll admit to at this moment.

On Thursday, I'll be speaking on a panel called YART: "New YA Literature to Entice Readers" at the Convention Center, Room 202 AB from 3:00 - 3:50.

Following the panel, I will be signing with two of my publishers: Simon & Schuster (COPIES OF WINGER!!!) and Macmillan (signing Passenger and The Marbury Lens -- I'm not really sure, since I have 5 books with them) from 4:30 - 5:30 at Author Signing Aisle #9.

Then, I'll be at the Macmillan Publishing dinner with some amazing authors (I'll be seated with Marissa Meyer), and I'll be doing a kind of speed-dating thing at a couple tables, talking about my books.

Afterwards, off to meet the Simon & Schuster authors and staff for drinks.

I know. It's rough.

On Friday, at the Omni Fort Worth in Ballrooms 5 - 8, I'll be at another speed-dating event, the YART Texas Tea Event, from 12:00 - 1:50 (that's a lot of tea).

Then, from 5:00 - 8:00, I'll be at the TT4L -- Texas Teens for Libraries, where I will be signing books as well as doing a Readers' Theatre with Jennifer Echols and John Corey Whaley, whom I will go all fan-boy on.

Looks like a rocking time in Texas next week.